Login

Daily BlogWatch ShowsAlex & RickyBOMClassroomsThe ForumContestsFeaturesProjectsQuilt GalleryShoppeHelpMy Account

HELLO AND THANKS TO EVERYONE

HELLO AND THANKS TO EVERYONE

Postby SusanH » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:28 pm

Friends --

I have finally - after almost ten months - found time to run through the Forum emails pertaining to Hugs and Kisses and Star Crazy and "Sue Garman." I am posting this note in all three places so that it reaches out to people who may only go to one of those categories.

I wish to thank you all for your patience and understanding this year -- it has been a tough one with lots of stress during what seemed like unending treatments for my husband's cancer. I am happy to say that he is doing quite well -- the support of friends, family, and quilters has been incredible - and is so very much appreciated. I owe all of you who sent blocks for the quilts, who sent prayers and well wishes, and who continued making these blocks-of-the-month despite my absence - a huge debt of gratitude. Thank you! And of course, a huge thanks goes to Margo, who stepped in and continues to answer questions, provide advice, and help everyone with any issues or concerns throughout the year.

I hope to be more present in the future - Jack's health has improved enough that I have found more time to pick up involvements a bit. And... this week I will finish the 2011 TQS block of the month - whee! It is such an honor and a privilege for RIcki and Alex to continue to ask me to design quilts for TQS. Again, thank you, everyone - I hope you are hanging in there on the home stretch of the TQS BOMs!

Sue Garman
View My TQS Profile
SusanH

Re: HELLO AND THANKS TO EVERYONE

Postby BethMI » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:27 am

So glad to hear that both you and Jack are healing from this traumatic experience!

BethMI
View My TQS Profile
BethMI

Postby kfstitcher » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:48 am

That's wonderful news! Thank you God! It's great to hear from you again.
Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio
View My TQS Profile
kfstitcher

Postby KakeM » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:58 am

It is wonderful to hear that Jack is doing well and that you are finding time to devote to your quilting passion again. :D :D
View My TQS Profile
KakeM

Postby ritzy » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:03 pm

Thank you for taking some time to check in with us--we miss you.
Blessing from Northwest Indiana, USA
View My TQS Profile
ritzy

Postby ourgallucy » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:54 pm

Sue, thanks for the message packed with good news. The best is that Jack continues to gain strength. Next is the tip that you will have a BOM ready for us next year. If that doesn't give us laggards a push (my 2009 BOM still lacks some assembly) nothing will. All the best to both of you. Jocelyn
View My TQS Profile
ourgallucy

Postby MaryQuilts2 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:46 pm

Sue it's so good to hear from you and I'm so glad that life has become less stressful. Being able to get back to quilting must be a real pleasure for you. I'll bet Jack is happy to be feeling better and be able to get out more. After the year you have had, this is good news!
Woodbury, Minnesota, USA
Longarm quilter - Gammill Classic Pro
View My TQS Profile
MaryQuilts2

Postby maggieszafranski » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:35 am

Praise the Lord for answered prayers! Praying for continued strength and good days!

Maggie in E. Central Illinois
View My TQS Profile
maggieszafranski

Postby ladyquilter » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:05 am

Sue, what a blessing to see your name in the forum and hear the good news that Jack is doing better. And the news that you are creating the 2011 BOM is music to all of our ears; looking forward to seeing your smiling face on a teaching video someday soon. :)
aka ladyquilter

Troutdale, OR
http://www.sweetpeaz.com/wordpress
View My TQS Profile
ladyquilter

Postby bbquiltmaker » Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:40 am

Sue, I've been waiting for good news from you! Thanks so much for posting. Can't wait to see the new BOM. So very glad you and Jack are doing so well.
http://www.flickr.com/bbquiltmaker
North Alabama, USA
"I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson
View My TQS Profile
bbquiltmaker

Postby Sewdreamy » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:31 pm

Super to hear such good news. It's really wonderful to have you back on the TQS also. I can't wait to see the 2011 quilt. Cheers and continued prayers for continued improvement.

BJ
"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14
View My TQS Profile
Sewdreamy

Postby RGold » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:12 pm

Hi Sue, it's wonderful to hear from you!! -- and even more wonderful because it means Jack is doing better. I'm grateful and I continue my prayers for his continued improvement! I'm looking forward to seeing your 2011 BOM design! (even though I'm still working on January for both Hugs & Kisses and Star Crazy ...). Thanks for the update! Best wishes, Robin
View My TQS Profile
RGold

Return to Sue Garman - Our Designer