Login

Daily BlogWatch ShowsAlex & RickyBOMClassroomsThe ForumContestsFeaturesProjectsQuilt GalleryShoppeHelpMy Account

Previous

Flower Garden Quilt

Re: Flower Garden Quilt

Postby grannyagnes » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:44 am

English Paper Piecing is not a method for me. I hand stitch mine together using Jenny Byers method 3. They work up very quickly. I draw my sewing lines first but many don't.
View My TQS Profile
grannyagnes

Postby Blinky2 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:38 am

grannyagnes wrote:English Paper Piecing is not a method for me. I hand stitch mine together using Jenny Byers method 3. They work up very quickly. I draw my sewing lines first but many don't.

Thank you!! I just watched Jenny Byers video! I ordered the Stamps by Kate and when I recieve them I will try Jenny's method! Thanks so much for posting!
May you always have sand in your shoes and a shell in your pocket!
___________________________Image______
View My TQS Profile
Blinky2

Postby Scoopie » Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:13 pm

Blinky,

Yea! That's how I did mine! Stamps by Kate! I loved the process. Two things to remember, though. 1) Stamp on the back side of the fabric (I cannot tell you how many times I have accidently stamped the front) and 2) Do not load up your stamp with ink, or press too hard. Lighter is better! Have fun!

Dawn
In beautiful Norhtwest Montana
View My TQS Profile
Scoopie

Postby Blinky2 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:56 pm

Scoopie wrote:Blinky,

Yea! That's how I did mine! Stamps by Kate! I loved the process. Two things to remember, though. 1) Stamp on the back side of the fabric (I cannot tell you how many times I have accidently stamped the front) and 2) Do not load up your stamp with ink, or press too hard. Lighter is better! Have fun!

Dawn
In beautiful Norhtwest Montana

Thanks for posting, Dawn! I just received my blocks from Kate!
May you always have sand in your shoes and a shell in your pocket!
___________________________Image______
View My TQS Profile
Blinky2

Postby Nerak » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:01 pm

I save my mis-printed pages from my printer. I then print my Hex grid on the back of them. I fold the fabric around the papers one edge at a time and baste THROUGH the paper. (strong needle and thimble) using hand quilting thread, and leaving about a 4" tail. When I finish stitching the hex into the quilt (all six sides joined), I tease the basting thread out with my stileto, and re-use the thread to baste another hex. The papers can be used for up to three hexes.

I do use a mylar hex to outline and cut my fabric scraps into hex units, and they go into a plastic coffee can. I fill more plastic coffee cans with basted hexes and simple flowers (7 hex units) until I have enough to work into something.

Superior threads sample rings of cotton and polyester colors fit into the coffee cans too, and provide all the colors you will need to match anything!
View My TQS Profile
Nerak

Previous

Return to I need Quilting Related Advice