Login

Daily BlogWatch ShowsAlex & RickyBOMClassroomsThe ForumContestsFeaturesProjectsQuilt GalleryShoppeHelpMy Account

Previous

English Paper Piecing

Re: English Paper Piecing

Postby PosyP » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:51 am

Hi Lotti, yes I've played with the pattern maker a few times already, it is wonderful fun and a great free tool too.

I found my V&A catelogue - nearly all of the inlaid wool coverlets were made by tailors (not that surprising they had the easiest access to the heavy wools) and at least one is reported to be double sided.

I also went through my latest book 'Quilt Treasures' which I got when I joined the Quilter's Guild and found an interesting unfinished coverlet that I really like
img769.jpg
it has a great combination of shapes...... not sure if I will go quite this large, actually since it is intended for competitions, I might keep it small enough to go onto my large frame, which can take up to 54"........ I need to check out whether the (dress) pattern making paper I have will be stiff enough for the job (I have a large roll 30" wide)....... AND I OUGHT TO BE FINISHING Caught Red Handed FIRST!!!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Embroideress Extrordinaire & Mad Hatter
View My TQS Profile
PosyP

Postby quiltwhinny » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:33 am

I saw that episode where Alex was teaching the hexagon piecing, but now I can't find which Episode it was in! Does anyone remember where it might be? Also, both she and Ricky have demonstrated so many great techniques, I was wondering if there is an index of these ideas somewhere, or if one should be created?
View My TQS Profile
quiltwhinny

Postby pam7040 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:43 am

Alex shows english paper piecing on show #1111. Hope that helps :-)

In leafy Berkshire, south of England.
View My TQS Profile
pam7040

Postby PosyP » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:13 am

quiltwhinny wrote:I saw that episode where Alex was teaching the hexagon piecing, but now I can't find which Episode it was in! Does anyone remember where it might be? Also, both she and Ricky have demonstrated so many great techniques, I was wondering if there is an index of these ideas somewhere, or if one should be created?

I know that someone has created an index, I think I even took a copy, but I am blowed if I can remember where I put it, it is in a safe place somewhere :roll: If you're lucky Margo will remember where to look and will let on :wink:

Embroideress Extrordinaire & Mad Hatter
View My TQS Profile
PosyP

Postby Margo » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:10 am

A comprehensive list of subjects is on the "to-do" list for ARJJ.

Until then, if you will start at page 1 of this forum topic, there are several references to different shows where Alex demos different techniques. Hopefully, one of them is the one you are looking for.

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !
View My TQS Profile
Margo

Postby kfstitcher » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:37 am

You may be thinking of this list they posted when offering some shows free last year. It's not as specific but at least gives some help.
http://www.thequiltshow.com/os/newslett ... rs_id/1721
Lyndhurst, Ohio USA - East Side Suburb of Cleveland, Ohio
View My TQS Profile
kfstitcher

Postby Zarah » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:56 pm

I think you might mean this list created by me

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4117199/TQS%20 ... INDEKS.doc

I stopped updating it a year ago, but you could download it and update it yourself and put you own words for finding subjects in it
living in Central Denmark
Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance
View My TQS Profile
Zarah

Postby quiltwhinny » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:37 pm

Karen and Norma, thank you so much! Tose links are both great resources to find the little details of each episode.
View My TQS Profile
quiltwhinny

Postby Patchworkjill » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:45 am

Zara I saved your list and have used it a number of times, but I could not think of who had done it to say thanks for this, so thanks for all the time it would have taken you you :D :D :D

Taree NSW - Australia
My motto in life: live by the three GGG’s - be Grateful, be Gracious, be Gorgeous to yourself
View My TQS Profile
Patchworkjill

Postby Zarah » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:54 pm

Patchworkjill wrote:Zara I saved your list and have used it a number of times, but I could not think of who had done it to say thanks for this, so thanks for all the time it would have taken you you :D :D :D

You're so welcome. I did it for myself and thought I could add to the community with my list. So many others contribute to this site and I learn a lot to be a member.
I'm glad you find it useful :D
living in Central Denmark
Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance
View My TQS Profile
Zarah

Previous

Return to I need Quilting Related Advice