Login

Daily BlogWatch ShowsAlex & RickyBOMClassroomsThe ForumContestsFeaturesProjectsQuilt GalleryShoppeHelpMy Account

How do you quilt a convergence quilt??

How do you quilt a convergence quilt??

Postby newquiltymom » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:17 pm

Hey everyone

I am looking for some advice or inspiration. I just finished my very first convergence quilt top and I am trying to figure out how to quilt it.
I actually have some quilting patterns in mind but I'm not sure what thread to use. With so many colours "converging" I just don't know what way to go with it. My plan has always been to quilt a pattern over the whole top. I don't plan to break thread for every.single.section. That would just make me crazy.

If anyone has any good pictures of convergence quilts that actually show the QUILTING I'd LOVE to see them.

Thanks!!
View My TQS Profile
newquiltymom

Re: How do you quilt a convergence quilt??

Postby Margo » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:34 pm

If you will do a search on Flicker for "convergence quilt", there are a lot of photos, and some of them show the quilting.

http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1SKP ... 66&bih=635

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !
View My TQS Profile
Margo

Postby kathyst2 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:08 am

I did a convergence quilt recently, quilted it with Superior Rainbow in a variegated set of colors that went with my fabrics.
It was mostly the standard paisley overall design but lots of feathers were thrown in, especially when there was a lighter spot in the fabric to show the quilting. Here's a photo which I hope will show enough detail.
Kathy
convergence.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
View My TQS Profile
kathyst2

Postby eileenkny » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:35 pm

It's your quilt, do what you want.The sky's the limit.
from the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY
Gammill Classic Plus w/IQ
View My TQS Profile
eileenkny

Postby snowplow3840 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:27 pm

I agree with Eleen - do what ever you want. I have done many convergence quilts and I do quite simply quilting on them because I want the design to show not the quilting but that is my choice. So again I say, do what you want. It is your quilt, so what makes you happy will make the quilt happy. Hugs, Ann
View My TQS Profile
snowplow3840

Return to Just Ricky