Login

Daily BlogWatch ShowsAlex & RickyBOMClassroomsThe ForumContestsFeaturesProjectsQuilt GalleryShoppeHelpMy Account

PreviousNext

Who is doing the 2012 BOM?

Join us on a new 12-month quilting journey as we bring you a fabulous quilt designed especially for TQS by Sarah Vedeler. Sedona Star is a spectacular medallion quilt that features a beautiful center star surrounded by a charming array of appliqué elements.

Each month we will provide a photo and detailed directions for a portion of the quilt, as well as full-size patterns. Sedona Star finishes at approximately 88” x 88” inches. One version features a total of sixteen different print fabrics, including colorful shades of blue, pink, purple, yellow, red and gold; however, Sarah is providing another alternative color option and instructions for each month as well. Fabric kits for both colorways area available in limited quantities through the TQS Shoppe.

Re: Who is doing the 2012 BOM?

Postby she-quilts » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:48 pm

I'm going to join this year's BOM. I have wanted to make one of Sarah's quilts for awhile. It would be a huge struggle for me to get all the fabrics chosen as I usually shop online as my shops are far away. I'd like to use the brights so am trying to patiently wait for the kits in the shoppe. Anyone else waiting? Sort of frusrating as I'll be behind before I start!
View My TQS Profile
she-quilts

Postby zippitydodaw » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:47 pm

I am getting frustrated waiting for the opportunity to order the bright kit too. This will be my first block of the month with TQS and I'm wondering if I am making a mistake. The site doesn't seem especially well organized, template problems and still no fabric.
View My TQS Profile
zippitydodaw

Postby tbrown0307 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:54 pm

I received my Buttons and Blooms kit from TQS today. Have not taken the plastic wrap off yet but the fabrics look nice. I had gone to my local quilt shop on Friday but didn't see anything I likes so I ordered the kit. After reading some of the posts I am a little nervous to start. I may try putting the center together with some scrap fabric first and see how it goes.

Teresa
View My TQS Profile
tbrown0307

Postby she-quilts » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:14 pm

zippitydodaw wrote:I am getting frustrated waiting for the opportunity to order the bright kit too. This will be my first block of the month with TQS and I'm wondering if I am making a mistake. The site doesn't seem especially well organized, template problems and still no fabric.

I don't think we are making a mistake by waiting. I'm glad you'll be in the boat with me!! :) The quilt will be spectacular in the end.

I suppose I could print it all out and watch the video but you know other things have called my name since I don't have the kit yet. :)
View My TQS Profile
she-quilts

Postby Margo » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:22 pm

I just got this message from Ashley about some of the BOM issues:

Hi Margo:
John asked me to address this today, while he and the rest of the crew are at Road. If I give you some information would you mind passing it along to the forum? I suppose I could post it on my own, but I don't want to just jump in seeing that most people don't even know I'm a behind the scenes person.
The Fizz (bright) kits are already cut and almost ready to ship—but we're waiting for 2 fabrics to arrive from the manufacturer. We thought about sending the kits without the 2 missing fabrics, but they are required for Month 1-3. On Monday I should have a better time estimate for the arrival of the fabrics. Unfortunately we are at the mercy of the manufacturer, as these were 2 fabrics that they had to reprint for us. We are hoping to ship by VERY early February, but I will have a more concrete timeframe on Monday.
As for the templates and other pattern issues, I have an email in to Sarah Vedeler to see if she can't hop into the forum this weekend and take care of some of the questions. (Between you and me, Sarah is extremely busy, but I know she will be willing to help out, it just depends on when she can get to it.)
Please let me know if there is any other information I can get you about the BOM. I'm on top of the project behind the scenes, so I'm always happy to answer questions.

Thanks,
Ashley

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !
View My TQS Profile
Margo

Postby Margo » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:01 pm

Subject: Re: from the forum

If you want, you can post this newly updated information: the missing fabrics arrived today, and we hope to start shipping kits by Wednesday of next week!

-Ashley

View My TQS Profile
Margo

Postby she-quilts » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:46 pm

Margo wrote:Subject: Re: from the forum

If you want, you can post this newly updated information: the missing fabrics arrived today, and we hope to start shipping kits by Wednesday of next week!

-Ashley

Yippee!! Do you think they'll let us order on Monday?
View My TQS Profile
she-quilts

Postby Margo » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:10 pm

Joyce, if you haven't yet done it, sign up to be notified! http://www.thequiltshow.com/o/store/bom-kits

View My TQS Profile
Margo

Postby she-quilts » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:13 pm

Margo wrote:Joyce, if you haven't yet done it, sign up to be notified! http://www.thequiltshow.com/o/store/bom-kits

Yep, I did a few weeks ago. Just checked to see if the website changed before I was notified! :P
View My TQS Profile
she-quilts

Postby she-quilts » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:00 pm

she-quilts wrote:
Margo wrote:Joyce, if you haven't yet done it, sign up to be notified! http://www.thequiltshow.com/o/store/bom-kits

Yep, I did a few weeks ago. Just checked to see if the website changed before I was notified! :P

Notified today and purchased!! I had MAJOR fretting once it was available but just hit the purchase button a bit ago. *sigh* Tell me I'll be fine by morning! :)
View My TQS Profile
she-quilts

Postby winkydink13 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:23 am

she-quilts wrote:
she-quilts wrote:

Notified today and purchased!! I had MAJOR fretting once it was available but just hit the purchase button a bit ago. *sigh* Tell me I'll be fine by morning! :)

YES you most definitely will be fine by morning and excited also, just as I was, you will love doing it because it's a real buzz :D :D :D
View My TQS Profile
winkydink13

Postby Nfiegirl » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:45 am

Hello Everyone...just received my Kit and I'm stuck already. Margo suggested I contact Lisa as she made the prototype. The color for the binding is "Color C"...not sure which one that is, so if Lisa aka: Isipes is out there..send me a message. On the color sheet it is shown a purple fabric, yet on the picture of the quilt is show almost a red. Dying to get started LOL!
Pat
View My TQS Profile
Nfiegirl

Postby lsipes » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:53 am

Nfiegirl wrote:Hello Everyone...just received my Kit and I'm stuck already. Margo suggested I contact Lisa as she made the prototype. The color for the binding is "Color C"...not sure which one that is, so if Lisa aka: Isipes is out there..send me a message. On the color sheet it is shown a purple fabric, yet on the picture of the quilt is show almost a red. Dying to get started LOL!
Pat

Hi Pat. The instruction sheet has the correct color. If you look at page one of this thread, Sarah posted a picture of her quilt just after applying the binding. What you might be seeing in pictures, is the piping that Sarah added to her binding, which I believe was pink. The binding is purple. So you should be okay!
View My TQS Profile
lsipes

Postby PittsburgPam » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:44 pm

If I can figure out what fabrics to use I will be doing the BOM. I've colored a picture of it with the fabrics I want to use and now have to see if I have enough of each. Just ordered a couple of packages of the Stable Stuff after watching the video yesterday. I really want to try using that!
View My TQS Profile
PittsburgPam

Postby lguajardo » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:58 am

Iam doing this one...I have all the others saved to do one day, but this one I want to try to keep it up. I just need to piece the circles together to have Block 1 done.

Lenore
View My TQS Profile
lguajardo

PreviousNext

Return to Sedona Star 2012