Login

Daily BlogWatch ShowsAlex & RickyBOMClassroomsThe ForumContestsFeaturesProjectsQuilt GalleryShoppeHelpMy Account

Learned a valuable lesson

Learned a valuable lesson

Postby snowladyns » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:40 am

First a big thank you to all who participate in The Forum.
Two years ago I purchased a 440QE which I just love. No matter how I practiced I could not master the BSR. Last January a forum post suggested there was an update but because my dealer is three hours away I ignored it and put the BSR away and forgot about it. Recently the Bernina dealer came to town for a visit and instuction to a new 820 owner, and I ask her about the update. The new 820 owner kindly came and picked up my BSR took it home plugged it into her machine and then delivered it back to me. I tried it last weekend and I am amazed - I can quilt. Lesson- pay attention to suggestions that apply to me. Quilters are the greatest. Thank you Joan
View My TQS Profile
snowladyns

Re: Learned a valuable lesson

Postby Patchworkjill » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:31 pm

Joan I have a 440QE also and have just put my machine in for a service and thought of the same thing and asked to update the BSR, so will be looking forward to seeing any difference.

Taree NSW - Australia
My motto in life: live by the three GGG’s - be Grateful, be Gracious, be Gorgeous to yourself
View My TQS Profile
Patchworkjill

Postby bunny9 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:07 am

Thanks, Good to know about the BSR. I will ask my dealer when I am next in.

As for the Forum, I find it fabulous; a wealth of information when in need; fun too!
Barbara
View My TQS Profile
bunny9

Postby RobinQuilts » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:17 pm

A couple of years ago, I posted on the forum about my frustration with the BSR on my 440QE. It just never seemed to do what it was supposed to - the unit would race so I would get gazillion teeny stitches or it would almost stall out on me. After having taken it in a couple of times with no successful fix, I just threw up my hands and stopped using the BSR altogether.
I picked up my machine today after taking it to a different place for cleaning, maintenance, etc. and before I left the store I asked if I could try it out and maybe the store personnel could tell if I was doing something wrong. Well, I might as well have been using a brand-new machine. For the first time in its life, the BSR worked beautifully. Problem solved, don't know what it was, but I suspect the fix was in this latest upgrade. Thank you Bernina and a huge thank you to Pamella's Place in Genesee Depot, WI.
View My TQS Profile
RobinQuilts

Postby Margo » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:50 pm

So glad to hear it Robin!! That had to be frustrating!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !
View My TQS Profile
Margo

Postby lorra » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:37 am

I just read this thread on the BSR. I have a 440QE also. I tried the BSR a couple of times and could not get it to sew the way I expected it too. I put it up and have not tried again. I may take it to my dealer next week. The Gammill is wonderful for the big stuff, but the BSR would be convenient for little things. Other than that, I love my 440QE.
View My TQS Profile
lorra

Postby Zarah » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:30 am

I just had my 440 QE to service and I asked them to upgrade my BSR because I find it not working properly. They had never heard of that and asked Bernina. The answer was that my machine (1 year old) is upgraded. It's machines more than 3 years old, that needs an update. They say my BSR works so I guess I'll have to try it again :( .
living in Central Denmark
Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance
View My TQS Profile
Zarah

Postby lorra » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:34 am

Mine is only one and a half years old so I guess there is no help for me either :( I guess I'll tell my dealer I need another class on using it. Maybe I am not doing something right. :?
View My TQS Profile
lorra

Postby bunny9 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:49 am

Have you 2 watched the Bernina webinar on the BSR? It is a good refresher.
View My TQS Profile
bunny9

Postby Zarah » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:21 pm

bunny9 wrote:Have you 2 watched the Bernina webinar on the BSR? It is a good refresher.

No, I have not. Good idea, I'll remember that when I approach the BSR again. Thank you for mentioning it.
living in Central Denmark
Charlie Brown: The secret is to look fantastic at a distance
View My TQS Profile
Zarah

Postby Nfiegirl » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:23 pm

SnowladyNS

Where do you take your Bernina for servicing? I have a 440QE and have never had my BSR serviced..is this something new??

Pat
(In the Ann. Valley)
View My TQS Profile
Nfiegirl

Postby suehenyon » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:01 pm

After 3 years of owning a BSR, I'm finally used to mine. I took mine in with the regular service a couple of months ago. I just noticed that V32 is written in sharpie on the bottom. Anybody know what this means?
View My TQS Profile
suehenyon

Postby snowladyns » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:31 pm

I haven't had an opportunity to try my BSR lately, I am finishing a top now that I plan to use as a practice piece. A friend bought a Bernina 620 she hooked up my BSR to her machine and it auto updated because then it worked beautifully. I was able to free motion my son's quilt for his birthday last Dec. My dealer is four hours away so I keep my machine very clean and oiled I will have to send it to her soon for servicing probably by Sept. Joan
View My TQS Profile
snowladyns

Return to Bernina Corner