Login

Daily BlogWatch ShowsAlex & RickyBOMClassroomsThe ForumContestsFeaturesProjectsQuilt GalleryShoppeHelpMy Account

Suggest a signature quilt block

Suggest a signature quilt block

Postby DWilli2359 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:01 pm

A friend at work is expecting her first baby. I want to make a quilt with signature blocks. I have done this before, with great success, but don't want to duplicate the block. Can anyone suggest a signature block....not too complex. Please email me separately at DWilli2359@aol.com. Thanks a million. Love this site. Debbie in Florida
View My TQS Profile
DWilli2359

Postby eileenkny » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:16 am

DWilli,
Go to www.quilterscache.com and go to where it says "Where do you want to go today?" Click on "Quilt Blocks Galore" and scroll down to the alphabetized list area. Go to "S" and you'll see a bunch of signature blocks. They're all free, too.
View My TQS Profile
eileenkny

Postby TQSWizard » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:48 pm

Alex has a great book out called Baby Quilts With Love. One of the patterns is called "Baby Crackers". It is perfect for signature blocks and very easy.

Good luck,

Lilo
View My TQS Profile
TQSWizard

Postby mandysilk » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:18 pm

I'm working on one right now, but I don't think it fits into the "not difficult category", lol. I am doing a double wedding ring signature quilt for my SIL's wedding. We just had the big reception this past weekend and I collected all the signatures there. The DWR makes a good quilt for the signatures because you have so much space for the people to write. The one I am doing is peiced, but you could opt to do one of the seamless ones. Good luck to you on your project.

Mandy
View My TQS Profile
mandysilk

Return to Forum Questions and Suggestions