Bridges was a juried exhibit this year at Road to California by the Quilts on the Wall: Fiber Artists. While some of these quilts are literal in their interpretation, others have a completely different take on what a "bridge" might be.
According to the exhibit -
This exhibit portrays the personal vision of these artists, encompassing, but not limited to:
- a structure carrying a pathway or roadway over a depression.
- a time, place, or means of connection of transition.
- the upper bony part of the nose; also the part of a pair of glasses that rests upon it
- a piece raising the strings of an instrument
- the forward part of a ship's superstructure from which the ship is navigated