Would you like to have your favorite Quilt Shop or Quilt Guild get an up close and personal visit from Alex and Ricky - both at the same time? We’re talking any shop and any guild in the entire world!! In addition, they will bring cameras to produce a short feature about your Shop or Guild to be seen by the entire World Quilt Community!
Come a little closer to the screen so I can whisper it in your ear.
TQS is having a HUGE contest to see which Quilt Shop and Quilt Guild can sign up the most NEW Star Members. That means two prizes - two special visits by both Alex and Ricky. Wahoo! It's two great chances to get the Quilt Show dynamic duo right in your own backyard.
Did I hear you whisper, “What about the details?”
Beginning today through November 30, 2007 you need to urge members of your guild or customers of your local quilt shop to become Star Members of The Quilt Show. Get everyone involved! The opportunity to cast your vote occurs during the check out process when a new "Star Member" joins. Basic members can upgrade to Star Membership and also cast a vote. We will keep a running total of the top stores and top guilds as we go along. This way you can follow the results. December 1, 2007 we will announce the winning Shop and Guild. There are a few guidlines to this contest.
HERE ARE THE DETAILS:
Eligibility for Quilt Shops & Quilt Guilds
1. This new Star Membership incentive is directed at Local Quilt Shops and Local Quilt Guilds worldwide. The ability to cast a vote occurs during check out upon having joined The Quilt Show. Basic Members may upgrade their membership and cast a vote.
2. Eligibility is extended to Local Quilt Guilds and Local Quilt Shops. Our Site Sponsors are not eligible. Independent quilt shop owners who carry Bernina sewing machines ARE eligible.
3. The deadline for entries is midnight, Pacific Standard Time on November 30, 2007. No entries after this date will be considered valid.
4. The winning Quilt Shop and winning Quilt Guild will be announced in the December 4, 2007 newsletter.
1. Guilds must not be an ‘umbrella’ organization such as a state or national organization with several smaller functional guilds under their ‘umbrella’. Local quilt guilds with smaller satellite groups or quilting bees ARE eligible. This is to insure that even small guilds have an equal chance to compete.
1. The Local Quilt shop must be in a retail brick and mortar location whose primary operation is within the building. An internet business along with the brick and mortar store is allowed as long as it is not the major source of business.
Encourage your Local Quilt Guild and Local Quilt Shop to blast this news in their newsletters!